General Tech What did you work on Today?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Just another landlord diaries day:
Luckily, this one isn’t actually my property, it’s a guy a do some work for.
This has got to be the 5th one I’ve done for him. Tenants never seem to notice a leaking toilet until the floor falls through or the sheet rock below falls down.

IMG_9762.jpg

IMG_9764.jpg

IMG_9767.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

IMG_9771.jpg

Vonski

nothing to see here...
$60-$70. I should probably charge more LoL.

This one was a pain to fit to the bike as it was so bent it didn't seat all the way in the header flange when it started and only one exhaust mount bolt was fitted....
Nice work. 🤘 Most guys doing these aren’t able (or willing) to accept the bike with the pipe to confirm a good fit.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Got the dreaded service 4wd system message and noticed that the 4x4 system seemed bound up a bit on my 08 Grand Cherokee. The message could mean many things many of which are expensive. My Bosch scanner read no codes so I did some research and found that BlueDriver makes one that will read all of the extended codes. While waiting for the scanner I checked all of the connections between the transfer case shift motor and the final drive control module. I even busted out the oscilloscope and checked the CanBus. All voltages were present and the bus was toggling away just fine. Once the scanner arrived we read the codes and it pointed to the shift motor. I ordered one and installed it and now we are back on the road again.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Wow that’s some serious abuse! I thought I was the only one who could mangle like that
A friend of mine from work brought a muffler over from his ancient Yamaha and it looked like the one Gravy fixed but it was also cracked and leaking all over. I didn't even attempt to straighten it out without having the bike to check clearances so I just welded up the cracks which was difficult on the old rusty thin metal. Gravy, how do you get the dents out of the middle of the mufflers ?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My laundry room started smelling a little funky Sunday afternoon. Thought maybe some wet clothes got left in the washer. I got home from work yesterday and it was much worse. Of course Momma makes me go in after it. Like I would tell her to clean up the garage! :rolleyes: Anyways, rant over. Pulled all the clothes and shoes (mud room too) and bags out and the smell is still there. Inside the washer smells fine. Inside the dryer, not so fine. I pull it away from the wall and remove the vent hose from the dryer side. Stinky. Pull it off the wall. Dead bird.
After waking up from passing out and cleaning all the vomit off my shirt, I threw the vent tube away (with the bird in it), I went outside to inspect the vent outlet. Yeah, there was no vent outlet. Just a wide open hole in the side of my house. Not sure what happened to it. I ran to Lowes and picked up a new vent tube and vent outlet cover. Got it all installed. Smelled much better this morning. I would have never guessed.