General Tech What did you work on Today?

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
We installed the CB in my son’s WJ last night.

Installed the antenna and worked our way forward. Through the left tail light opening and along the passenger interior trim panels up to the center console where we installed the unit. Everything is completely concealed with the exception of the external speaker below his HVAC controls and the handheld unit coming out from under the center console and the mic hanging between the glove box and the HVAC controls on a bracket I made that goes in between the panels so the screws fastening it to the dash are unseen. Pretty well hidden in plane site for a CB.

84228fa76e5be0d18bed06165bf9042b.jpg

bde5d93c8cce678f1a2d5f61e5ebe196.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mike

ricsrx

Finished my metric bobber just in time for winter, $600 into it and 8 weeks later.84 bobber.JPG
1984 V45 magna, got it from the original owner for free with the engine in the frame, the rest in boxes, he gave it to his son in 1990, he pulled it apart and there is sat for 29 years.....

also starting on Hunters Cafe--1977 CB 550, Triumph rear swing arm, R6 front forks
Honda Cafe.JPG

DAA

Better late than never...

DAA%20Diploma.JPG

Only made it through the 9th grade. Took the GED today. Scored 92%, which was good enough to net me 10 general ed college credits to go with the HS diploma.

More ashamed of not having one all this time than proud of finally getting it - I'll be 55 in a few weeks and haven't attended school since I was 15. But, like I said, better late than never...

- DAA

Attachments

• 1571354988167.png
    1571354988167.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 2

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

DAA%20Diploma.JPG

Only made it through the 9th grade. Took the GED today. Scored 92%, which was good enough to net me 10 general ed college credits to go with the HS diploma.

More ashamed of not having one all this time than proud of finally getting it - I'll be 55 in a few weeks and haven't attended school since I was 15. But, like I said, better late than never...

- DAA

That's awesome Dave, congrats!

DAA%20Diploma.JPG

- DAA

I love this - way to go! I've always said that being smart, being able to learn things and getting schooling/diplomas are two completely different things. The former is much more important than the latter, but both are valuable for their own reasons. It just drives me nuts when someone assumes that there is a direct connection. Probably just me being over-sensitive being a guy who loves to learn, but never had the patience to finish any of the degrees I started.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Is there a reason you chose to rebuild engines one your wife's kitchen counter? Is it just to keep the power dynamics in check? I laugh every time you post one of these engines on granite counter tops.
For this one it was workspace. The bench up in the loft I built in the garage is not big enough to work on something this size. I wish I could upload video to the MCHNE hosting because I have a good one of my wife’s comments about it.

The_Lobbster

Is there a reason you chose to rebuild engines one your wife's kitchen counter? Is it just to keep the power dynamics in check? I laugh every time you post one of these engines on granite counter tops.
One of the best things about when I was a bachelor, was being able to rebuild transfercases on my kitchen table. My wife would have me by the nuts if I did that now with the new table! My logic was simple, didn't have an enclosed or conditioned garage to work on them when it was cold, so I just brought them inside to do the reassembly.

40135096641_f743d8ccb4_c.jpg

The_Lobbster

When I was 4 or 5 I had a really badazz vintage pedal tractor. Then some jackazz stole it from in front of my parents house. Ten years later, we found it for sale at a flea market, my dad flipped it over, and it still had his name, phone number, and address engraved on the bottom. Unfortunately, since they never filed a police report when it got stolen, there was nothing they could do. That's a cool unit you got there!