What do I get for the next bike?

rholbrook

2008 CRF150RB Expert

It was time to upgrade Harrison, my barely 13 yr old. We sold his CRF150F last November and have keeping our eyes on all the normal venues selling motorcycles. We actually went to St George to look at 3 motorcycles last Friday only to get there and have all three of them sold that day before we got there. We lucked out and found this one and picked it up this afternoon.
image.jpg

image-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
As you can see by the pictures it is practically brand new. There is a little scratch on the front fender where the kid tipped it over. Harrison hasn't stopped smiling. On the list of add-ons will be bark busters, rekluse and probably some black rims with red hubs.

rholbrook

1996 WR250Z Smoker

This is my FIL's motorcycle and it hasn't been ridden in probably 4-5 years. It has sat in his shed so when I was down there this last weekend he told be to take it home and use it. I have looked it over and decided to give it a go. I knew it was fast when I last rode it but sitting for this long has not helped it. It does have a bigger tank and aftermarket pipe but other than that, I have no idea what has been done to it. It does need a new boot between the carb and head, new fork seals, has a leaky brake caliper, needs a seat cover and I want to get new plastic for it, new cables, bark busters and clean the tank and carb. Rekluse does make a clutch for it so that may go in as well.
image-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

rholbrook

That's geat you finally found one! I'll be Harrison is anxious to get back on the saddle. Are you going to be able to ride soon?
He is trying to convince me that we should blow off school and work tomorrow and go riding. I had to show him the weather report to convince him it won't be good weather tomorrow. We may head south Thursday night

Moabxjeeper

He is trying to convince me that we should blow off school and work tomorrow and go riding. I had to show him the weather report to convince him it won't be good weather tomorrow. We may head south Thursday night

Sweet bike, I keep thinking how good I would be now if I had started at that age!

Where are you headed to? We're going down to St George after work on Friday to hit SGMX Saturday morning.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Russ, I'm jealous of the WR. I think it's a 1992 though. My friend rides one with an Eric Gorr for a 265 kit and porting. Nice increase of power all around--It was already a fast bike. Not sure what your plans are for it but check the wire loom coming from the case. Those came with a lighting coil if you wanted to use a headlight.