What do I get for the next bike?

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Striders build riders! Seriously they are so cool. Watching my littlest one pedaling with no training wheels at 3 was so cool and totally because of the strider.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

all 3 of my kids were onto pedal bikes at age 3. The push bikes were to thank.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Funny, we got striders for the girls 1st bdays also... They would want to throw a leg over them every few weeks. They're finally getting to the point that they can actually ride them a little (19 months)

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member

As much as I've heard good about them, I've heard equal amounts of bad.
(As in people not finishing races bad).
I spend enough energy trying to stay on the bike without worrying about remembering to air up my tires every time I go ride or cleaning slime off my rims whenever I change a tire.

I'm not opposed to trying something new, and they sound very appealing (when they work right), but I bought a new bike so I wouldn't have to fuss with stuff.

Knock on wood, but I've had very good luck with Ultra Heavy Duty tubes and slime so far, so it's hard for me to justify spending $200 on a Tubliss system when I can run what I have for around $50

Plus I've got to use my fun money to buy some new unbreakable levers after last race.... oops...

I just swapped my first tire on this bike, I'm going to try a AT 81 rear.

Last edited:

Caleb

Get some midwest mountain engineering levers. Put a set on my bike a couple months back and I love them. http://www.midwestme.com I've always used the ASV F3 or C6 levers on my past bikes and loved them. After waiting for 6+ months with them on backorder (they're still on backorder) I finally gave up. Glad I did and and glad I found these midwest mountain engineering levers.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I had ASV f3's on my last bike and really liked them.
The Midwest ones look cool, but I can't tell from the website if they fold back to resist breakage?

I was going to try these Airtime ones. Anyone have any experience with them?

$_12.JPG

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
How are you breaking levers with full strap type hand gaurds, Im on my third bike in 7 years without breaking a single lever with my solid handgaurds...broken wrist yes, but levers no.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Really ^^^ I used to be faster than Stratton until he bought a 300:)

I'm flattered.

How are you breaking levers with full strap type hand guards, Im on my third bike in 7 years without breaking a single lever with my solid handgaurds...broken wrist yes, but levers no.

I guess I run my levers low and hand guards high? Really I think it was a crazy pointy rock. I dropped my last bike plenty and never had issues.

djgardner

As much as I've heard good about them, I've heard equal amounts of bad.
(As in people not finishing races bad).
I spend enough energy trying to stay on the bike without worrying about remembering to air up my tires every time I go ride or cleaning slime off my rims whenever I change a tire.

I'm not opposed to trying something new, and they sound very appealing (when they work right), but I bought a new bike so I wouldn't have to fuss with stuff.

Knock on wood, but I've had very good luck with Ultra Heavy Duty tubes and slime so far, so it's hard for me to justify spending $200 on a Tubliss system when I can run what I have for around $50

Plus I've got to use my fun money to buy some new unbreakable levers after last race.... oops...

I just swapped my first tire on this bike, I'm going to try a AT 81 rear.

I'm on my first AT 81...and I'm very impressed by it. Probably the most durable tire I've ever owned (I've chunked every Desert IT I've ever owned in the first couple rides, and I really REALLY like the MX52, but they don't have the durability of the AT81, if I had the money to replace them all the time I'd run the MX52's).

And KNOCK ON WOOD...but I've never had a pinch flat with ultra heavy duty tubes, ever.

Talk to me about the slime? Are you running that green slime in your tubes?