Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
This is all Kevin's fault. And by that, I mean I owe all my thanks to Kevin for giving me this idea.

This morning I picked up my even newer Marlin 6.
8MwTonT.jpg

They gave me full credit for what I had paid for the Marlin 4, so I am not out a single penny more than if I had just bought the 6 in the first place. I cannot praise the Provo Hangar 15 enough--Preston was very involved throughout the entire process, he took control when other stores were having difficulty helping me out, and he followed through to make sure I was damn well satisfied.

I managed to squeeze in ~ 35 minutes of seat time before I had to come in to work. :)
I love that color! Enjoy!

RockChucker

Corner Canyon is NOT g2g on Friday mornings. Was a madhouse up there, if I'd have known there were gonna be that many people up there I'd have gone somewhere else.
The UT county side has been super busy too. I suspect it will remain that way until the higher elevations open up after snow melt.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Dempsey if you want to try a wider bar setup on that I have a set I pulled off my Mamba when I sold it. One of the best changes I made to that bike.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Question about co2. Can I screw the 16g bottle into the nozzle and carry it that way or should I only screw it on when I need to use it? Do you guys carry co2? The nozzle is small enough I feel slightly concerned I may misplace it and not notice. (I do have a mini pump in my pack as well.)

After my train wreck of a commute last Saturday ordered a mess of tools which all came this week. It included a crank bros m19 tool, co2, co2 nozzle, tire levers, and front/rear lights.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Question about co2. Can I screw the 16g bottle into the nozzle and carry it that way or should I only screw it on when I need to use it? Do you guys carry co2? The nozzle is small enough I feel slightly concerned I may misplace it and not notice. (I do have a mini pump in my pack as well.)

After my train wreck of a commute last Saturday ordered a mess of tools which all came this week. It included a crank bros m19 tool, co2, co2 nozzle, tire levers, and front/rear lights.

Depending on how big the bag / pack you're carrying those tools - I usually wrap my stuff in a rag before putting it in the pack. I use a bag that hangs from the saddle.

The_Lobbster

Ended up ordering a bike today. Decided on a Polygon Siskiu T8. Decided on it because, it was in stock, had good specs and reviews, and was far cheaper than anything at the LBS’ with similar spec components and geometry. Can’t wait for it to be delivered now!!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

FWIW, I don't see the point in CO2 unless you're racing and need to fix a flat really fast or tubeless and might need to set a bead, and you're neither. I am tubeless and I still don't carry it. It's extra weight and space, and it isn't as reliable as a pump and spare tube which you ought to be carrying anyway. So I leave the CO2 at home.

But to answer your question, you can carry it with the nozzle threaded lightly snug onto the cartridge. Just don't thread it so tight that you break the seal on the cartridge or you might have an empty cartridge when you're ready to use it later.

jsudar

KHS looks all right. They have been making mountain bikes for a long time. I remember seeing them in the early nineties. They kind of fell out of fashion and I haven't heard much from them lately. A quick look at their website tells me they are trying to appeal to riders on a budget. Only their top end bikes have a full complement of well known, name brand parts like Fox and Shimano. Their lower end stuff has lots of SR Suntour or no-name parts, which are generally good quality and function fine, but are not blingy or light weight.
In my opinion, (from the few models I looked at) they are not on the cutting edge of frame geometry. Their geo looks conservative and a couple years behind the progressive guys. However, I'm sure that their bikes handle well and are as fun and comfortable to ride as any. On the plus side, you don't see a ton of KHS bikes on the trail, so it's got that going for it. I don't think its a bad choice. I'd probably ride one over a Specialized because my desire for something esoteric far outweighs any actual benefit from riding an S Works.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
If you are looking for value, Giant and Specialized are hard to out component for the same money. There is a pro rider in St George Logan Binggeli that rides for KHS, he does fairly well at Red Bull Rampage. Before Landon Boogard started riding a Fezzari and made them cool, I was going to buy one and put a Santa Cruz sticker on it that didn't quite cover the Fezzari labels.

Tebbsjeep

I've just been looking at used bikes on ksl and came across one that peaked some interest. I'm just trying to find a full suspension that's only 2-3 years old for around 1200-2k. I am a bit on the heavy side for a medium frame, so I want a stout bike. Preferably with 150mm/140mm travel and more in the enduro style of bike. I like my hardtail for the climbing stuff.

Tebbsjeep

There's a 2017 Transition Scout on ksl right now that looks pretty good. I have no idea how to gauge prices though. How accurate are the values on bicyclebluebook.com? Pretty on point or way off?

Last edited:

RockChucker

There's a 2017 Transition Scout on ksl right now that looks pretty good. I have no idea how to gauge prices though. How accurate are the values on bicyclebluebook.com? Pretty on point or way off?
I couldn't tell you how the prices compare, but I bought a transition sentinel last summer and have loved it.

The_Lobbster

My polygon arrived today! Seems really well built! Can’t wait to mess with it more this weekend. It has a 14 day no questions asked return policy and they’ll even pay shipping back if I decide I don’t like it. Has a rockshox revelation up front, and a rockshox deluxe RT3 in the rear. Paid $2100 shipped.

Attachments

• DB882091-2ABE-488D-A908-34B061589690.jpeg
    DB882091-2ABE-488D-A908-34B061589690.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 22

Tonkaman

I’m not sure how accurate that site is. I’d recommend looking on pinkbike.com. It is probably the best online source.