Coronavirus

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I risked it and dropped stuff at Carl's place! If it's in fog form and seaped out of the house with a closed door. I'm screwed.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I guess that was a good call! I got my test results back today, positive. So I guess I'm glad I stayed home this weekend? Although I feel mostly OK now.

Woah, crazy! Glad you're feeling pretty good, even with a positive diagnosis.

I had a test done yesterday, but mine takes 72 hrs to get the results. I still have trouble breathing deep and feel like I'm running out of breath having a conversation, but otherwise I feel good. Very interested to get my results back.

LT.

Today, I was in the motherland of Utah. I tried to go to cruiser outfitters and learned they are a will call or appointment only. I also tried to go to equipt expedition outfitters and learned that we had to wear a mask. So, i left and refused to buy anything there. Odd thing was I went to Sheels, Cabelas, Impact Guns, 2 resturaunts, and nobody there said anything to me about wearing a mask. So, I spent about $2,000 today at the stores who said nothing to me. Such a shame. I was looking forward to spending money on my vehicles.

This corona virus is such crap. People are concerned about the government telling them what they "HAVE" to wear. And that is unconstitutional. Such a shame. I expected the Republican state of Utah to be more relaxed. I guess i have been spoiled by living in Texas.

Baja.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Today, I was in the motherland of Utah. I tried to go to cruiser outfitters and learned they are a will call or appointment only. I also tried to go to equipt expedition outfitters and learned that we had to wear a mask. So, i left and refused to buy anything there. Odd thing was I went to Sheels, Cabelas, Impact Guns, 2 resturaunts, and nobody there said anything to me about wearing a mask. So, I spent about $2,000 today at the stores who said nothing to me. Such a shame. I was looking forward to spending money on my vehicles.

This corona virus is such crap. People are concerned about the government telling them what they "HAVE" to wear. And that is unconstitutional. Such a shame. I expected the Republican state of Utah to be more relaxed. I guess i have been spoiled by living in Texas.

Baja.

Did you call Cruiser Outfitters? We can generally accommodate a quick stop-by. Fwiw we've been by appt only for 15+ years. 95% of our sales are wholesale/phone/email so we need to make sure we have someone available to help walk-in customers. PS, we don't care if you wear a mask. But our government, health department and insurance company do. We assume anyone not wearing a mask has a health condition preventing them from doing so... we of course can't discuss your health condition and won't ask or insist you wear one to come in.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

Baja.

And? 2k Spread over 6 stores. Man, it's bottomless surf and turf all around for those struggling small businesses you patronized lol. I bet you made a dent on Chili's bottom line smashing them endless chips too. Get the jet off the runway before he starts making returns!

Curious, as someone who doesn't think the government should be able to tell you that you have to wear a mask, do you think the government should be able to, for instance, tell women what decisions they can make with their bodies?

Greg

Admin
I got my Covid test results this morning, had some symptoms early Wednesday morning and got tested on Thursday. My test results came back negative, which is good news.

I'm not sure what I had, but I woke in the middle of the night choking, spent the next 30 min in the bathroom coughing up phlegm, was dizzy enough that I almost passed out. The next morning I had body aches, headache & chills. I had a hard time catching my breath, felt like my lungs were at half capacity.

I thought it was odd, had a flu shot 2 weeks earlier. Sucks to have missed out on the trip I've been planning for the last 6 months and to learn that I didn't have Corona after all. :rolleyes: Better safe than sorry though.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I got my Covid test results this morning, had some symptoms early Wednesday morning and got tested on Thursday. My test results came back negative, which is good news.

I'm not sure what I had, but I woke in the middle of the night choking, spent the next 30 min in the bathroom coughing up phlegm, was dizzy enough that I almost passed out. The next morning I had body aches, headache & chills. I had a hard time catching my breath, felt like my lungs were at half capacity.

I thought it was odd, had a flu shot 2 weeks earlier. Sucks to have missed out on the trip I've been planning for the last 6 months and to learn that I didn't have Corona after all. :rolleyes: Better safe than sorry though.
I think I'd be irritated after all that. You didn't even get the Rona bragging rights.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Based on your symptoms I thought for sure you had it Greg. But I also assumed Carl wouldn’t have it based on his symptoms. I was at Carl’s for an hour yesterday before he got his results back. Worked out great though as my boss told me not to come into work this morning!
Heading to the lake!!!

Greg

Admin
Based on your symptoms I thought for sure you had it Greg. But I also assumed Carl wouldn’t have it based on his symptoms. I was at Carl’s for an hour yesterday before he got his results back. Worked out great though as my boss told me not to come into work this morning!
Heading to the lake!!!

Yeah, it doesn't make sense... I wouldn't have tested if I didn't think I had it. At this point, I'm feeling fine. Breathing has improved day by day and is pretty much back to normal. :skeptic:

J-mobzz

Baja.

The republican state of Utah has some of the most amazing people that live here. It may shock you but a lot of people myself included don’t wear a mask because the government tells me to. We are all just doing our best and putting on a mask to walk into a small business because they are trying to do what they need to do to keep doors open, employees paid and families fed seems like a decent person thing to do.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
The republican state of Utah has some of the most amazing people that live here. It may shock you but a lot of people myself included don’t wear a mask because the government tells me to. We are all just doing our best and putting on a mask to walk into a small business because they are trying to do what they need to do to keep doors open, employees paid and families fed seems like a decent person thing to do.

And we thank you for understanding the position we are in. 1%ers like LT who think they should be able to get what they want because they can spend in such unfathomable ways to us small folk, don't seem to understand the struggle.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Yeah, it doesn't make sense... I wouldn't have tested if I didn't think I had it. At this point, I'm feeling fine. Breathing has improved day by day and is pretty much back to normal. :skeptic:

Its possible you had a false negative.

my SIL had a false positive on a Friday afternoon that nearly cost them the sale of their home and the purchase of their new home the following Monday. She retested with 2 negatives, bit it took time to get it sorted. It was a mess.
she tests weekly for work, and it turns out that mistakes are a bit more common than we think.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Now my boss won’t let me back to work till I show HR a negative test. I get it, but it just seems wrong to me.

I already have Thursday and Friday off this week. I’m looking for a resting center this morning but probably won’t have results for 3 days. Looks like I’ll have the whole week off.

I still feel fine.

LT.

And? 2k Spread over 6 stores. Man, it's bottomless surf and turf all around for those struggling small businesses you patronized lol. I bet you made a dent on Chili's bottom line smashing them endless chips too. Get the jet off the runway before he starts making returns!

Curious, as someone who doesn't think the government should be able to tell you that you have to wear a mask, do you think the government should be able to, for instance, tell women what decisions they can make with their bodies?
Nope. I don't think the govt has any excuse to tell anyone what they can and cannot do with their bodies. I made no returns. Not sure if it was scarsism or not. I was just bummed by the mask requirements. I refuse to wear them as I am a firm believer that treads on your individual freedoms. I also have a disability that precludes me from wearing one. But, that is not really the point I was trying to make.

Cruiseroutfitter- I did not call. I just happened to remember about your support and that you were in the area. I just stopped by and was wanting to meet you and see your store. That was all. When i saw the posting on the door i was discouraged that these trying times has been difficult for you. I expected quite the opposite. Boat sales, camper sales, fishing licenses, etc, are all up. People are wanting and needing to get out and enjoy the solitude of the outdoors. I never gave any thought to anyone in the outdoor industry being limited to will call or appointment. Thats all. I didn't have an appointment and there wasn't any vehicles directly in front of your store. There was maybe half a dozen vehicles on the side. The old overland expedition cruiser, a 60 series cruiser, etc were on the side. I took that to be vehicles either in for repairs or some sort of service.

Look, I can't stand the thought of the govt telling me what i can and can't do when it comes to some things. Years ago we all found out smoking tobacco was bad for you. Then came vaping as a "safe" alternative. Now we are aware of the negative impacts of vaping. Popcorn lung. I refuse to be a part of a medical study as to what the negative effects of long term wearing of a mask. We locally we are seeing, rashes, chapped skin, and allergic reactions to the long term mask wearing. We have yet to see what maybe happening to your lungs, throat, etc of wearing them. I won't be a part of that health study.

Sorry for the rant. I was just pretty bummed by the state of affairs Utah has found itself. I found that depending on what stores i went to some demanded wearing masks while others never said a word to me.