Coronavirus

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
My sister got her second shot of Pfizer Monday night. She is super sick right now, and telling me not to get it. I wasn't planning on it. What's really interesting (and I had no idea of this) is that she was given a "vaccine card" as proof of vaccination?!?!? Is this a thing? Granted, she lives in Alaska so that might be their thing. What's also interesting is that the card says her vaccination expires 7-31-2021. It doesn't say anything about what happens after that date.

Is Utah handing out a similar card?
Yup, I've got one. And I was sick after my second shot too. My left arm HURT, I had a nasty headache, and I was pretty lethargic for about 24 hours. Then it went away.

Paul R

Vaccine cards are not a new thing. I have a long fold out vaccine card that I got when I was inoculated against a dozen plus different diseases about 10 years ago that were required for me to live in Africa for a summer. It didn't offend me then and it doesn't now.

I just received my first dose with no issues and plan to get the second as well. I have no problems with those that don't want to get the vaccine and I have no problems with those that do get it or plan to get it. Where it bugs me is when either side spends every waking minute trying to convince the other side that they are wrong and a bad human for feeling otherwise. It's pretty much the same as the mask deal for me. I don't care if you don't wear one, I don't care if you prefer them. I have no issue putting one on if it helps set someone else at ease.

I am, however, against the government mandates. Government programs and policies pretty much universally suck.

Trate D

Not wanting to be the one to stir the pot too much, but I expect soon to start seeing the same people who down play COVID as "99.7% survive" (not even a fact base claim) use a death rate of 0.000014% as a reason not to vaccinate.

I agree. And the card makes a quick reference especially when scheduling second dose. You need to know product etc.
I agree it’s a very small amount but will it rise? I am not against anyone getting it personally I am not. I can’t help but think the actual virus numbers are super fluctuated. I also think these numbers will be down played very much. But that’s my own opinion.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I understand the idea of a card and agree it will help with traveling and such, but what's with the expiration date? I've heard other mention it's only good for 6 months. No idea if that is true or not, but now knowing about an expiration date that may be right.
Would get the same shot(s) every 6 months?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I understand the idea of a card and agree it will help with traveling and such, but what's with the expiration date? I've heard other mention it's only good for 6 months. No idea if that is true or not, but now knowing about an expiration date that may be right.
Would get the same shot(s) every 6 months?
The current flu shot is a yearly thing. They don't know enough about the COVID vaccines to say what's going on there, but I understand most are thinking it's likely to be a yearly thing too. For now, they don't know, so they pick an arbitrary and conservative date and they'll adjust that as they learn more.

My card doesn't have an expiration date. Just the dates I got stabbed.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I don't think they know how long the shots will be effective for. Trials only started about a year ago..or a bit less than a year ago.

I wonder if the date is the last date they would still allow you to get the 2nd shot?

I got my 2nd Pfizer on Monday. I will say my arm hurt the next morning and for a few hours the next day, and I had at most, very minor body aches. But, my body aches anyway so who knows if it was just my body rebelling about it's general out-of-shapedness. My 70 year old mother had zero reaction to either of her shots. Regardless, far fewer people have been laid up, hospitalized, or worse from the vaccine than have been from the virus it's meant to stop. Plus, the 5g network is LIGHTYEARS better now.

I don't have a problem with people getting a vaccine or not, or wearing a mask or not (except where it's required by law or requested by private business, to wear a mask). I generally think anti-vaxers are essential-oil wielding plague enthusiasts, but I also realize many people that are not getting this vaccine are not generally anti vax, they are just refusing for personal reasons whether those be medical, political, or to prove some point to someone or something. If you're worried about a fast-tracked vaccine? I get it. If you have a medical issue that prevents it? I get it. If Trump told you it's not something to worry about....well, whatever. The annoying answer to me is when generally good people that don't fall into those camps say something along the lines of "I'm not worried about getting it, so why would I get vac'd" which is either a painful selfishness or shows a glaring misunderstanding of how a vaccine is supposed to work. That's the kind of mentality that would have it and be like "oh, it's not that bad, I think I'll go visit ol' Gam Gam in the nursing home today".

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Against my desire to get one I actually signed up for the Johnson and Johnson because Hawaii was starting a program to allow interisland travel without tests if you’ve been vaccinated. My appointment has since been cancelled by the state since it will apparently cut off blood supply to my brain

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I mean, don't get me wrong but if you eat mcdonalds every day, drink every day/night, and are excited for a free donut, then by all means please get the vax.

We are not the same and we definitely don't have the same definition of "health". But please, save your virtue signaling about getting your 'upgrade' while at the same time saying those who choose not to don't understand how a vaccine works.

Trate D

My “gam gam” got COVID at the locked down nursing home.... She is 91 and said at least 20 of them got it and everyone survived. That being said they have since lifted all visiting restrictions and have had no issues.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I mean, don't get me wrong but if you eat mcdonalds every day, drink every day/night, and are excited for a free donut, then by all means please get the vax.

We are not the same and we definitely don't have the same definition of "health". But please, save your virtue signaling about getting your 'upgrade' while at the same time saying those who choose not to don't understand how a vaccine works.
I agree that there are many health choices Americans make that cost this country a lot of money. I make most of them every day. Fast food, drinking, and the general lack of real exercise to name a few costs this country billions/trillions in health care.

But I'm sorry if my position sounds like virtue signaling. It's one thing to have a real reason why you don't want, but I personally think it's another to claim the reason is something that is just blatantly wrong. If calling that out is virtue signaling, then call me Jesus. I am also uncomfortable with a vaccine that doesn't have long term trials behind it. But when given the choice between the devil we know more about, Covid, and the vaccine we know less about...given what little we really know about both of them, I choose the vaccine. We don't know it's long term effects, but we don't know COVID's long term effects either and some of the stuff people are reporting, if it's to believed, doesn't sound good. Legitimately, I haven't seen even a plausible example of how the vaccine is worse than what it's trying to prevent. Is there one? Honest question. I'm interested to hear the other side of it.

Vaccine aside, being contrary or counter to a popular opinion doesn't make you woke. If you had to listen to the opinions/lectures from people every day that are so openly anti mask and anti vax and pro scamdemic, you'd probably think twice about aligning with them. @Herzog, I at least know you well enough that you don't care who you align with, which is good, but rarely do I say, "that was a well formulated and articulated position" when confronted with one of these folks. By rarely, I mean never. They don't offer a single compelling argument....or maybe if they had one they aren't able to articulate in any real way? Nevermind that their current position almost certainly flies in direct philosophical conflict with something else they likely believe. I don't believe you should be able to waffle around. If you are going to take a position on something, then you need to allow others to take that position too.

All that aside, isn't the real story here that the Jewish folks that control the financial systems are using the Italian special forces to manipulate the space lasers to control the American media to get the American people to resist and discredit the vaccine because it has the potential to replace hundreds of billions of dollars in traditional cancer treatments with more targeted and effective mRNA treatments developed by their Germans? Where are we at on that bouncing ball?

Last edited:

Houndoc

I agree it’s a very small amount but will it rise? I am not against anyone getting it personally I am not. I can’t help but think the actual virus numbers are super fluctuated. I also think these numbers will be down played very much. But that’s my own opinion.

If you reject the numbers, both of COVID cases and vaccine side effects, than you have 'trust issues' that I can't help you with. I find it rather absurd personally to believe their is such a widespread coordinated effort across the spectrum to think either set of numbers are falsified.

But the J & J numbers so far are 6 cases of blood clots, 1 fatal, in over 7 million doses given in the US. Considering they have all been seen less than 2 weeks from administration, little reason to think there will be a huge spike.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

Stanford study finds:
"Therefore, it has been hypothesized: 1) the practice of wearing facemasks has compromised safety and efficacy profile, 2) Both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to reduce human-to-human transmission and infectivity of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, 3) Wearing facemasks has adverse physiological and psychological effects, 4) Long-term consequences of wearing facemasks on health are detrimental."

To be clear, they are not talking about N95 masks in the above quote, just surgical masks and cloth type masks.

Edit: "Trust the science"

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.

Edit: "Trust the science"

If I have learned anything from all this, it is that we are free to believe whatever we want, and most of the time you can find an authority that will back your opinion.

Take Derek Chauvin, "expert" medical witnesses testified for both sides and said different causes of death to Floyd. Tough time to be a juror.

4x4_Welder

I read an article delcaring the time we live in "The post truth era". If you don't like a fact, just find an expert that agrees with your point of view. I'd say the last year, if not the last 4, have made a pretty strong argument for the name
And we're just now seeing the rise of convincing deepfakes. Have anyone say what you want, no experts needed.

85CUCVKRAWLER

I agree that there are many health choices Americans make that cost this country a lot of money. I make most of them every day. Fast food, drinking, and the general lack of real exercise to name a few costs this country billions/trillions in health care.

But I'm sorry if my position sounds like virtue signaling. It's one thing to have a real reason why you don't want, but I personally think it's another to claim the reason is something that is just blatantly wrong. If calling that out is virtue signaling, then call me Jesus. I am also uncomfortable with a vaccine that doesn't have long term trials behind it. But when given the choice between the devil we know more about, Covid, and the vaccine we know less about...given what little we really know about both of them, I choose the vaccine. We don't know it's long term effects, but we don't know COVID's long term effects either and some of the stuff people are reporting, if it's to believed, doesn't sound good. Legitimately, I haven't seen even a plausible example of how the vaccine is worse than what it's trying to prevent. Is there one? Honest question. I'm interested to hear the other side of it.

Vaccine aside, being contrary or counter to a popular opinion doesn't make you woke. If you had to listen to the opinions/lectures from people every day that are so openly anti mask and anti vax and pro scamdemic, you'd probably think twice about aligning with them. @Herzog, I at least know you well enough that you don't care who you align with, which is good, but rarely do I say, "that was a well formulated and articulated position" when confronted with one of these folks. By rarely, I mean never. They don't offer a single compelling argument....or maybe if they had one they aren't able to articulate in any real way? Nevermind that their current position almost certainly flies in direct philosophical conflict with something else they likely believe. I don't believe you should be able to waffle around. If you are going to take a position on something, then you need to allow others to take that position too.

All that aside, isn't the real story here that the Jewish folks that control the financial systems are using the Italian special forces to manipulate the space lasers to control the American media to get the American people to resist and discredit the vaccine because it has the potential to replace hundreds of billions of dollars in traditional cancer treatments with more targeted and effective mRNA treatments developed by their Germans? Where are we at on that bouncing ball?

You see, this is the big problem with the whole vaccine/covid debate thing. There is no debate. One side will immediately claim any skepticism as conspiracy theories and lump them in with crazy Qanon people. While the people who are actually using their well tuned powers of perception are stuck discussing them with the actual crazies, who dont need convincing.

Never mind that the skeptics have basically been right all along about COVID
Never mind that the skeptics have been right about masks all along (they dont work)
Never mind that the skeptics have been right about lock downs (also dont work)
Never mind that the skeptics have been right about vaccine passports coming
Never mind that J&J, Phizer and Moderna all have been found liable in court for hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars for lying to people to cover up mistakes our outright fraud they committed to earn a buck at the expense of people's health up to and including many, many deaths.
Never mind that the government has been found in the past to rush out vaccines that harm people or use the guise of a "vaccine program" to perform some sort of research

I am by far NOT an anti-vax person. Not in the least. But when the government, big-pharma, and mega media corporations all join together to tell me i should jab something into my system, i know to be skeptical. Its a shame most people dont feel so as well.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have had 2 healthy people that I know who all experienced atrial fibrillation to the point that they went into cardiac arrest within a week after receiving their 2nd shot. I do not know which vaccine they got. One of them survived and has 12 broken ribs and a pacemaker and the other did not survive. I am going to do a little research on it and see if I can come up with any reports on it yet.....probably not since it is really early. The one who survived has no history of any heart issues and am pretty sure the other did not either. I have heard a few others second hand of this also.

Could just be coincidence. 🤷‍♂️