Door-slammer CYJ7+1 buggy

xtremexj

The diff is pretty much where it needs to be but there is still some fine tuning to do with location once I can buy some heims and link material. These pics are still at full bump so I'm pretty happy that everything is sitting where I planned for the most part.

Attachments

• juggy72.jpg
    juggy72.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 47
  • juggy73.jpg
    juggy73.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

xtremexj

I must be a real glutten for punishment by having two projects on the go simultaneously.:wtf: It's been so long since the XJ has been built that it seems odd to see it on jack stands without the portals under it. Finishing the diff swap and making the XJ a roller again is now priority #1 so I can get it up for sale and get some cash to finish the rest of the Juggy. I'm hoping to have the XJ mobile within the next month if things work out.

Attachments

• detuned9.jpg
    detuned9.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 36
  • detuned10.jpg
    detuned10.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 39

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks amazing! I love the feeling of setting up the axles and rolling the tires under a project for the first time. Keep up the momentum, you're getting there!

xtremexj

I had some time to play with my Bend Tech SM module finally and decided to draw up a flat panel grill instead of messing around with a stock one and modifying it. I wanted to keep a CJ look to it and I think it came out pretty good. This was my first attempt with a CAD drawing and I may change the light locations and try and get the overall shape a little closer. We'll see how it looks once I get the lights mocked up and make the decision at that time. Huge shout out to my buddy Mark for cutting this for me for no charge. :D It sure helps to have friends in the industry to help each other out when you need it.

Attachments

• juggy74.jpg
    juggy74.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 78

xtremexj

Just so you guys don't think I'm completely screwing the pooch, I thought I'd give this a little bump.:greg:

I have almost completely finished the diff swap in the XJ and am hoping to have it back on the road in the next two weeks. It sure feels good to get that finished so I can get it up for sale and create some room to get back on the buggy. I am hoping to have some buggy updates within the next month. :D

xtremexj

Next time I bump this I PROMISE that there will be progress pics! Stay tuned. ;)

OK, apparentyl I lied. :( It's been two months almost to the day from that post and I have nothing new to share. Of the last two months I have only had about three weekends of working in the garage due to some basement repairs and company from England for two weeks.

However, I am happy to report that the XJ is finally out of the garage and I should be driving it around with a SALE sign on it sometime this week. :thumbs: I have a couple of little things to look at over the next couple of evenings but other than that I think it's nearly ready to move to a new home.

I spent a couple of hours cleaning up the garage yesterday and creating some room so I can bring the engine and trans home to start cleaning it up and swapping intake manifolds before my buddy gives me a hand mocking it up in the chassis. I also to put the tires on the diffs just to see how everything looks so far and I had a pretty big smile that ignited a flame in my fabricator side.:D

My next update WILL include pictures for your viewing pleasure and words of encouragement to help me finish this thing.

xtremexj

Finally have a couple of pics to share. :D

I got the rear wheel opening cut and a tire mounted on the diff for perspective. I think I cut it just right!

juggy75.jpgjuggy76.jpg

I also finally got the LM7/4L60E home from the shop now that the XJ is no longer permantly stuck in the garage. The intake is off so I can swap the LS2 manifold on it this weekend and give things a good clean up. I am just waiting for motor mounts and an alt/ps relocation bracket to come in and then I should be able to get this mocked up in the chassis in the next few weeks.

While I'm waiting for parts, I am going to try and get the rear coilovers mocked in so they're one more thing off the list. ;)

xtremexj

Whoa, I don't believe my eyes. :D Glad to see progress!

LOL. Yeah, it's been a little slow on the progress front.:(

I am still not 100% finished with the XJ yet as I have a steering box issue to sort out as well as a bunch of sheetmetal cracks that I didn't know where there until I started crawling over and under while swapping the diffs out. At least it's mobile so I can juggle between both projects.

I'll try and be more motivated to make progress and keep the thread closer to the top. :greg: