Door-slammer CYJ7+1 buggy

xtremexj

I've got a small update!!

After five hours of grinding my diffs no longer have any old bracketry remnants left so I have a clean slate to start with again. :D Tony and Eric if you happen to check this thread - don't worry about helping with the grinding - I got it covered.:greg:

I'm going to try and get a couple pieces of tubing added to the chassis tomorrow depending on how the day turns out. I might have updates two days in a row for something different.:cool:

Attachments

• juggy77.jpg
    juggy77.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 29
  • juggy78.jpg
    juggy78.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 29

xtremexj

Well I finally made some progress worth mentioning.:D I've been looking at different LS motor mounts for a few months now and just never got around to ordering any. I was rummaging around my garage for something one day and came across the poly motor mounts I had for the XJ so I decided to use those seeing as I already had them and some metal laying around for the rest. The best part is I saved over $100 to put towards other parts.

Attachments

• juggy79.jpg
    juggy79.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 16
  • juggy80.jpg
    juggy80.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 15

xtremexj

Next was getting them in the chassis with the engine and trans.:thumbs: I had to remove my new grill hoop assembly temporarily so I could get the engine crane far enough in to mount things where I needed them. I had to offset the engine 1.75" to the passenger side for driveshaft clearance and the trans 1" to the drivers side so I would have a straight shot to the rear diff. I was hoping to get the subframe in so I could make a permanent mount for the trans but time just ran out on my day. I won't be able the look at that for probably a couple of weeks now but at least things are where I need them.

Attachments

• juggy81.jpg
    juggy81.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 32
  • juggy84.jpg
    juggy84.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

xtremexj

Here's a couple of better shots to show the clearance for the front shaft. It's tough trying to find clearance when you're pinion sits higher than your frame rails at full bump. LOL!

Attachments

• juggy82.jpg
    juggy82.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 31
  • juggy83.jpg
    juggy83.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 31

xtremexj

More updates!! This is almost become a habit.:D

I was looking at how I was going to mount the front coilovers and it just wasn't going to happen with the way I had things layed out in the engine bay so I made some changes. The coilovers will mount just slightly to the inner edge of the hoops so I can get the angle I am looking for.

Attachments

• juggy85.jpg
    juggy85.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 30
  • juggy86.jpg
    juggy86.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 30
  • juggy87.jpg
    juggy87.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 30
  • juggy88.jpg
    juggy88.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 33

xtremexj

I had cut out the firewall of the cowl before I had the actual engine and unfortunately I ended up cutting it a bit too high in the center. By doing so, the tip of the cowl closed in over 1/2". :( I am thinking of a couple of ways to fix it but I will need to see if I can talk one of my friends that can weld aluminum into giving me hand with it but no such luck yet. Anyhow, here it is back on regardless for now plus the grille for a more complete look.

Attachments

• juggy89.jpg
    juggy89.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 26
  • juggy90.jpg
    juggy90.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 29
  • juggy91.jpg
    juggy91.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 31
  • juggy92.jpg
    juggy92.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 28

xtremexj

And finally got the hood notched for the hoops as they sit for now. I will finish accordingly when I have the coilovers in place.

It is finally starting to look like something other than an immobile pile of tubing. :greg: I think I can actually see a very small light at the end of the tunnel now.

Attachments

• juggy93.jpg
    juggy93.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 40
  • juggy94.jpg
    juggy94.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 40
  • juggy95.jpg
    juggy95.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 48

xtremexj

Thanks for the compliments guys!! :D

This is still at full bump. It will sit 6" higher than this at ride height. In some ways it would be nice to sit as low as some of your rigs, but for the trail conditions we have here I need to sit a little bit higher.

Hopefully I can get some more updates for you guys in the next month or so.

I have some prep I need to do on the F350 before the wife and I head down through the Redwood forests of Oregon and California the two middle weeks of September so buggy progress might have to take a back seat.

I'll post updates as I have them. Again, thanks for the compliments and continued interest guys!!!!