Mbryson's 2012 JKU "build"

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Well, an update is now due. Nothing to show with pictures yet, but that'll probably all come in one fell swoop. I've secured a 3" Tera lift, some "short" Tera control arms from a 4" Tera lift, D30/D44 axles with ARBs and 4.88s (they still need a bit of work) and some AEV Savegre wheels (black---they're NOT staying that way---powder coated but will likely have duplicolor gray on them PDQ) with 60% Toyo MTs. My garage is beyond overflowing with JK crap. I need to get those axles together and get this Jeep item "complete" (well, the lift/axles/tires/wheels phase). Thanks to all who've spied deals or snagged hookups for me!!!!! I'm amazed I came up with all this stuff for my budget.

Can't wait to get this thing on a milder trail :D

I still need some ARB solenoids and blue line if someone has some of those kicking around?

Pics of Savegre wheels
attachment.php

attachment.php

The rest of my stuff is just boxes or axles without diff covers. Pretty boring stuff. :D Seems almost criminal to paint over this powder coated wheel but I just don't care at all for black. I'd love to trade for some argent Pintlers or Savegre wheels (those seem to be modeled after 1980s Countach wheels? ---maybe that's just my MTV generation showing?
1121034-wheel.jpg
)

Last edited:

XJEEPER

Marc, here's the link to my build thread which shows how I plumbed my ARB's, with manual air switches and 1/4" poly airline that you can buy anywhere. Ive run this setup for 5 years with zero issues and have never been left locker-less due to a failed ARB solenoid or o-ring. K.I.S.S.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=913774&page=6

I've since added a fixed 100psi inline pressure regulator for the ARB's http://www.coilhose.com/uploads/products/page 44.pdf

and replaced the Viair relay/solenoid with a standard relay to trigger the compressor, so I can benefit from the full pressure output (150psi) of the Viair 450C when filling tires.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Well, I did get a bit done today. Sighted in a couple rifles, ran kids around, painted some wheels....(I do almost feel bad about painting those AEV wheels but they look SO much better to me)

Anyway....

silver-AEV.jpg