Mbryson's 2012 JKU "build"

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
New improved version. Just the lift/tires for today. Just got all my axle parts (at least the known stuff :D) and I'll try to get those complete on Monday (hopefully I can stab those in on Monday?) Nice to get rid of some boxes.
mbryson-lifted-JK.JPG

I went from 22" at the door entry to 28". Lift is a little bigger than advertised (likely made for heavier bumpers, heavier JKU(?--mines a low option Sport, just how I wanted it) and whatnot?)

mbryson

Supporting Member
Just got the plates in the mail today. I was hoping to have everything done before then, but I only had the rear lift done before the mail showed up.

Thanks for the compliments!

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Just an FYI, mine's sitting at 29" with the Tera 3 1/2" kit on 37's with heavy bumpers and a winch.

So, when are you going to bring this thing over?

mbryson

Supporting Member
I feel pretty good about the lift now. Spent a couple hours re torquing bolts and checking things out today. Put my plates on, readjusted the draglink to recenter my steering wheel (lots of trial-error there-electronic skid control gets all kinds of grumpy if steering wheel isn't centered), and figured out the Tera disconnects. Bought a deep well 18 mm socket (be prepared with 18 mm stuff-most of my tool sets skip 18 mm--you'll need that size).

I did not do any axle work. Needs to get done as the 3.21 gears are showing their crappiness with 35" ties. Speedo is off about 5%

mbryson

Supporting Member
I'm not sure if you have an auto or not...I am assuming you do. You should check out the AEV ProCal. It allows you to correct your speedo for different tire sizes and gear combos, among many other things. It will keep your incredibly invasive ESP happier and not as invasive. From what I understand these are a must have item for the JK.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/shop-by-category/procal-module.html

i do have an auto and have been checking out the Pro-Cal.

I feel pretty good about the lift now. Spent a couple hours re torquing bolts and checking things out today. Put my plates on, readjusted the draglink to recenter my steering wheel (lots of trial-error there-electronic skid control gets all kinds of grumpy if steering wheel isn't centered), and figured out the Tera disconnects. Bought a deep well 18 mm socket (be prepared with 18 mm stuff-most of my tool sets skip 18 mm--you'll need that size).

I did not do any axle work. Needs to get done as the 3.21 gears are showing their crappiness with 35" ties. Speedo is off about 5%

Looks great Marc! Nice progress.